In recognition of outstanding achievement, West Virginia University (WVU) will provide a scholarship to first-time freshmen who have achieved the highest levels of honor or leadership within nationally acclaimed organizations determined to be eligible for inclusion by WVU beginning with the 2013 fall semester.
- Incoming freshmen who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or better and an ACT composite of at least 21 or combined SAT Critical Reading and Math scores of 990, will be awarded a $500 scholarship annually for up to 4 academic years (total of $2,000) while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student on the main campus in Morgantown.
- The award will be in addition to any other scholarship offered through the WVU Scholars Program.
- The student must submit verification of status attainment (i.e.Certificate, letter of proof) to the WVU Undergraduate Scholarship Office. The information may be scanned and emailed to WVULeadershipScholarship@mail.wvu.edu or faxed to 304.293.4544. Please include the student name, WVU ID#, and date of birth with the information you send. The deadline date to have any information submitted for consideration is August 1.
- Students may renew the scholarship by having a minimum GPA of 2.75 after each academic year. Students are also required to earn a minimum of 30 credit hours each year.
Organizations may submit a request and appropriate documentation for consideration to be included as a recognized organization/society to the Enrollment Management Office at West Virginia University.
Currently recognized organizations and levels:
- Boy Scouts of America – Eagle Scout Rank
- Girl Scouts of the USA – Gold Award
- 4-H – selected by home state to be a delegate to the National 4-H Congress
or in WV, received a charting pin
- Civil Air Patrol – Amelia Earhart Award
- Boys and Girls Nation – Be selected and attend